Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about
Toyota 4Runner 5th Gen K9 Roof Rack Kit – Equipt Expedition Outfitters

I've been running the 2.2M/full length K9 Rack for 3 years with zero problems.

We've put it thru a ton of offroad miles while holding a 235lbs rooftop tent, hi-lift, maxtrax, couple camp chairs.

Wheeling in Moab with that much weight up high, rocking back and forth is going to test any roof rack with that kind of weight.

Nothing has budged or shifted at all.

Pros - the rack deck is a single piece, making it much stronger then racks you bolt together,
-All aluminum, so no rust.
-Modular design with T-slots, so you can bolt on a wide assortment of accessories, shovel, hi-lift, awning etc etc.
- Equipt usually has stock on hand, took 4-5 days from order to show up.
-NO Drill - there was no way in hell I was going to drill into my roof living in rainy Oregon. Silicone is not needed or part of the install. 1/28/2021 Updating my no silicone comment, I followed both Equipt & K9 instructions and there is no mention of sealing what so ever- I did end up with a leak. I contacted Equipt and they did reply, that K9 instructions arent great and that they had updated their website with a video showing using silicone. However that is weak. The video didnt exist when I bought my rack- and the printed instructions on their website were not updated. Love the rack but the instructions are for shit.
-Each side has 5 feet connecting to a solid rail, so weight is dispersed properly
-Low profile when empty, doesn't make too much noise.

Super happy with this rack, I'd definitely purchase another if I ever needed to.

Good luck in your search

Last edited by Teamoatmealpie; 01-18-2021 at 08:25 PM.
Teamoatmealpie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote