Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 11:29 AM

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkeryder4 View Post
Okay so as with a lot of members on this site I've noticed some issues regarding rust on my sunroof. While washing my 4runner the other day I noticed that the seal around the glass has now become warped due to the rusting and I've also noticed water coming down behind my A-pillar during heavy rain so it appears this is something I can no longer ignore.

Which brings me to where I'm at now.

I'm looking at two different routes. Either buy new for what looks like $800+ or try to scrap one. I found a junk yard local that has an 05 in that I plan on checking out later this week to see if it has any rust however I would prefer new just for the piece of mind. While researching new replacements I've come to a crossroad.

Going through toyota parts finder I'm getting the part # 63201-35090
This item is not available on most oem toyota sites for some reason but I have found it on a few others for around $550 plus like $300 in shipping... bit ridiculous.

However, I have also come across part# 63201-35084... this appears to be the sunroof for the gx470 and land cruiser. This is much more widely available, I can even get it on amazon for $460 plus $50 shipping. There are also a few links that connect this pn with 03-09 4runners and in pictures they look identical.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this or knowledge of the differences if there are any. Is there anywhere on the factory sunroof that gives the pn? Could save a lot of money if they are the same parts and might help other members down the line with the same issues.
For what it's worth, 63201-35084 shows as fitting my 2008 4runner. Is the sunroof functional? Any rust on the body or is it just on sunroof assembly?
eleven14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote