Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 10:43 AM

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZiggy View Post
Installing the camping platform requires removing the rear seat bottoms. I've done this lots of times and the little 12mm headed bolts always piss me off. Can't hold up the awkward seat at the right angle to get the thread started then you have to drive it all the way in with a wrench since the seat bracket is hanging on it.

So screw you, little bolts! I replaced them with leftover 8mm axle studs (what the third member uses). I installed the long side in so I only have the short end sticking out. My junkyard pile had some fancy flanged acorn nuts which work nice here. Now removing/installing the rear seats takes about 20 seconds.
I think Steve at Sonoran Steel makes some wing nut type things to also remedy this issue. I've not tried them, but they seems like a good idea that would be easy to make with a welder.
weekendclimber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote