Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 06:43 AM

Captsolo will become famous soon enough

Captsolo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegipper View Post
When the head gasket started to go on my truck, my truck would shake for 15 seconds or so before it would smooth out. It also didn't blow any white smoke and only after a few weeks would the reservoir be down about a 1/2" or so. Never had any check engine lights for the shaking until it got really bad and I confirmed it was a blown head gasket.

I tried all of the quick "tests" for checking for a bad HG and all of them said I didn't have a blown head gasket until I did a leak down test. The second I pressurized cylinder #3 I had air bubbles coming out of my radiator.

I'm not saying for certain you have a blown HG but its a possibility. If you want to 100% rule it out or confirm it, do a leak down test.
AGREE thegipper... I think the HG should be looked into. Any white smoke out the tail pipe (step on the gas peddle and look)? Any white gunk in the filler cap? Bubbles in the radiator with cap removed when running at idle? Coolant level dropping a little every week?

Last edited by Captsolo; 06-12-2020 at 06:45 AM.
Captsolo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote