Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 04:15 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOff View Post
Thats what i was thinking almost... 2 years ago... already, where does the time go?
Wet looking LBJ sent me down this path.
Got the 555 LBJs on a Rockauto, close out (forget what i paid) and the LCAs there for $56 each. Paid a buckforty for the WL bushings.
Has been sitting in the garage collecting dust, all ready to go.
Guess i havent gotten bored enough yet to install em.

I could not get the large side bushing out of the new LCA with the 'jack' method hence that pic i showed you in that other thread, removing the bushing flange, actually worked really well.

If you use your OEM arms your going to need to get with it it you ever want to drive again.
Haha yeah I went down this path because I wanted to wire wheel and paint behind the LCAs. LCAs for $56 each is a steal, those $175 were the cheapest I'd seen until now!

The jack method I used only removed the rubber piece of the bushing from that flange/shell. Maybe with less crusty arms it could take the shell with it. It actually took me an embarrassingly long time to figure what was going on in that picture. Mine were so crusty, it didn't even resemble your clean ones. On the first LCA I only made 1 cut and it bound on itself. Once my brain figured out what was going on in that picture, I made 2 cuts like you suggested, and the shell came right out.

I used my only set of LCAs to do this haha. Thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere, so it wasn't an issue for the 4runner to be tied up for a bit.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote