Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 03:07 PM

rob_dixon will become famous soon enough

rob_dixon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_dixon View Post
And even this might not help someone might be able to explain it better.....
Quoting myself, as i did a search and found people explaining it way more. ANd the analogy is way better than my terribly unsafe example. ;-)

hyundai - what is exactly steering feedback? - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange

In auto parlance at the high end its called "Dynamic steering"
Dynamic steering varies the steering ratio by nearly 100 percent as a function of driving speed and the setting in the Audi drive select system in which it is integrated. Transitions are continuous and practically imperceptible.

This both makes the car feel more sporty at higher speeds and safer, while also making it easier to do things like parallel park or make a u-turn. Instead of trying to achieve the perfect balance of steering ratio and power steering assistance, these cars can vary it to give you the best of both worlds.

Hope that helps. Basically the 4Runner is poor at "steering feedback" and has no dynamic steering - this is what i want to improve as best I can for the near "perfect" vehicle

Last edited by rob_dixon; 06-17-2020 at 03:16 PM.
rob_dixon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote