Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 08:47 PM

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_dixon View Post
H, I expected some answer like "there is no problem" but the issue isn't wandering. My 4runner drives straight as an arrow. I can even take my hands safety off the wheel momentarily and on a smooth highway it drives straight.

Its FEEL of the road - as in literally, you can feel the pull of the road on your steering wheel. If you want to see what feel "feels" like, go drive an Audi, BMW X3, Porsche or Volkswagon. Now that said, I would never expect to get to that level in a 4runner. Lol just seek improvement here. Here is the example, albeit dangerous to help explain feel. And even this might not help someone might be able to explain it better.....
At 60 MPH on an open road close your eyes. (although i dont recommend this). How long can you keep your eyes closed before you feel unsafe, or you don't know where you are in spacial perception? In a 4runner, since there is no road feel, its practically immediate. In contrast, in my Audi I could, in theory, close my eyes for 4-5 seconds and know where my car is in space on the lane for that duration. (only an insane person would go longer haha - its just an example folks!)
Not trying to get into a debate about this, you either know what i am talking about or dont. (Or have no experience yet with driving vehicles with perfect feel of the road) Any old racers in here? :-)

excellent. I will investigate this option on if impacts on what i am looking for. again, its not alignment or play in the wheel.

And suspension upgrades makes sense, i would love to test drive a nice test up. Thanks ALL!!
we came from a bmw x5M and in no way could I get the 4 runner to ever drive remotely like that SUV. It drives more like a truck than an sport or crossover suv. That is actually part of the reason we got 1. When the road stops the 4 runner keeps going and the Audi and X5 can't. No matter what you do to your Audi or BMW it will not go where I take the 4 runner at times. There is a trade off going to a real SUV that behaves ok on the road yet is truly offroad capable
Thebeastlives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote