Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 01:54 PM

bmklaw is on a distinguished road

bmklaw is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tips! I had my gf jump up and on the slider to see if I could find it. I started from underneath the front of the car and chased it all the way around out the side and then back under again haha. It sounded as if it kept moving around. I will check the UCA and LCA bolts and try greasing the UCA bushings. Hopefully I’ll have positive news to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb rob View Post
make sure to check the LCA bolts. IF you had an alignment done afterward, it's possible they weren't torqued to 129 ft-lb.

Otherwise, I also had a clunk similar to that on the driverside that was a real bugger to track down. wound up being a slider bolt.
...Where you just had a new suspension installed, I'd probably start with the LCA bolts and then move to the UCA. If you jack it up enough to get a long wrecking bar under the tire and then lift the tire up and down (use 2 jackstands) you might be able to get a better idea of what's making the noise.
Likewise, if you can get under the truck while someone else rocks it, you can put your hands on things are that really helps to track down noises. You should be able to recreate it by opening the door and pushing up on the door jamb at the roof, if you don't want to jump up and down on the sliders for one reason or another.

Of course, the big problem with that type of clunk is that it will sound like its coming from the UCA when you are looking at that, and the LCA when you are underneath.

Please post back when you get this solved. Good luck!
bmklaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote