View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 03:20 PM

Wolfman’s Brother will become famous soon enough Wolfman’s Brother will become famous soon enough

Wolfman’s Brother will become famous soon enough Wolfman’s Brother will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguytheman View Post
I have needed to use my winch several times. It's not unlikely that just having one has pushed me to try things that I shouldn't. But it was worth every penny based on the amount of times I have had to use it, and where. I can't even imagine the amount of time and money it has saved me. Where I wheel, it could be a while before anyone comes across you in your stuck vehicle, especially in the winter.

There was a day back in January where I needed to winch myself out of a tight spot at least 4 or 5 times in that one outing. I didn't even bother respooling it, just wrapped the line around the bullbar for ease of access. Deep snow, tough trail, and overconfidence...

But yeah, like you alluded to, it's also good to have if you just need a little extra boost to make it through/over something, whether it be be a big rock or a 4 foot snow drift. It's a last resort, but keeps me moving if I want to use it.

Overall, I try to make tow straps work (if I have a buddy with me) before thinking about the winch, but that can't always be done.

I'm about to buy an extra line to carry with me in case of a failure.
This is exactly the feedback I was looking for. Thanks.

Given that I take only take solo outings because adult loner with no friends into this bs, I’m beginning to justify it more and more. My rig is capable enough now to get me stuck further out, which is problematic.

Anything you’d do different in hindsight re:winch/bumper beyond going whole-hog on a full front bumper?