Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 AM

Alex3rdT4R is on a distinguished road

Alex3rdT4R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish_Forever View Post
I would take a really good look and a hammer pick to the frame, especially after the cab. I’ve been told that wax the dealers used can hold in the moisture causing more rust and could be covering it.

Here’s what happen to my uncles truck when it went on a lift. I’m not trying to scare you, just don’t want you to put time and money into a truck to find out the frame is
bad.
Yeah I've seen posts like that all the time. Theres no denying the frame is rusty on this Tacoma, but for $1,600 I can't complain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryance39 View Post
That tensioner looks rough. Do you have any idea how many miles are on the supercharger? You might rebuild it while it’s off to save yourself some headache in the future.
No idea, but the truck only has 195k on it. I looked up service history and the supercharger has been on the truck since at least 90k. The bearings do not make any noise, and the coupler doesn't have any play in it either. I'm just going to repaint and install it the way it is, and if it acts up I'll opt for the rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernySanders View Post
Lookup the VIN if its eligible for frame replacement due to recall you can still take the truck in
I wish but being a 2002 I believe this model year Tacoma is out of luck on a frame swap.
Alex3rdT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote