Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 07:34 PM

CRB Racing has a spectacular aura about CRB Racing has a spectacular aura about

CRB Racing has a spectacular aura about CRB Racing has a spectacular aura about
I just had a similar encounter with my dealer.
So I lifted my 2020 TRDP and replaced the stock wheels and tires with 285s.

After a few months the 2 PCS warning lights would intermittently turn on and off, then one day a PSC malfunction see the dealer warning showed up on the center screen.

I made an appointment and they couldn’t reset the lights and clear the codes.

The service writer told me that the tech did some kind of alignment that was way more time consuming than a normal alignment and also tried to blame the lift. The fix would be to delete/turn off the PCS system.

I kind of argued the fact that others have lifted their T4R higher than mine with no issues. Plus I have a friend with the exact vehicle, lift and tires with no issue.

I asked if they checked the sensor itself to see if it was malfunctioning and he said there was no way that they could test it. My argument was that I spent all this money in a vehicle that came with this system and now you want to delete it, but you can’t tell me if the sensor is faulty. I’d be able to swallow that I caused the issue with the lift if they were to replace the sensor with a known working sensor and still not able to get rid of the codes and fix the concern.

The writer then calls over the tech because he seems like an order taker and knows little about cars.

I explain my issues and questions with the tech and he tells me that he had to plumb bob the vehicle on the rack to make sure the vehicle was centered and true. That seemed crazy to me because they sensor is solidly mounted to the grill, but I’m assuming it’s in a TSB or there is some kind of instructions and that’s why he did it that way.

The tech did admit that he couldn’t test the sensor to check if it was malfunctioning, so he replaced it and was able to remove the codes and complete the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRB Racing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote