View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 AM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-desertT4R View Post
Just completed my bushing and lower ball joint replacement. Thanks again for the great write up. All four of my lca bushings came out in one piece. The bottle jack/heat method works well for this. Also I started spraying PB Blaster on all the bushings and ball joints several days ago. My adjustment bolts/cams were in excellent shape, All I did was clean and lube them upon re-installation. The ball joint press I rented from O’reilly Auto Parts didn’t have too many options and I ended up making a sleeve out of 2.5” id steel tube to help remove the ball joint. A BFH is also a big help. I used a 4# hammer and a Mapp gas torch to persuade the ball joints out. I used 1/2” and 3/4” plumbers fitting brushes to clean the orifices of the intermediate plates. I had a build up of thread locker in mine. I use Super Clean degreaser to clean everything and mineral spirits before painting. I used VHT epoxy paint in gloss black on the lca’s and intermediate plates. I used Lucas Heavy Duty grease on moving parts except where the grease Whiteline includes with their bushings was necessary. A couple things to point out the ball joint “C” clip will shoot out upon removal. The first one shot about 30’ and the second one about 20’ so be careful. Also if the OP will please include safety glasses on his list especially if you’re using power tools cause no one wants to lose an eye.
Looks awesome! Great that the bushings and shells came out in one piece, removing the stuck shells is half the battle! Thanks for adding your installation tips, I'll link this post in the main thread. Epoxy paint was a good idea, I've heard good things about it holding up well to abuse. I'll also add safety glasses, good point on the c-clips flying!
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote