Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 03:17 PM

Muff Muff will become famous soon enough

Muff Muff will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixx View Post
You are probably right. The 4runner might not be it for me, What blows my mind is that the (old body on frame) Pathfinder, Xterra, Titan, F150, Chevy Tahoe all are excellent driving road vehicles in addition to decent off-road performers however none offer the reliability of the 4runner. And no, I am not expecting it to corner like my BMW, but the 4runner, that is completely at the other side of the spectrum. All it would need is a heavier sway bar as an option and it would make it so much more acceptable and it is surprising that for a vehicle that has been unchanged for 10 years now no-one offers this.

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, well not actually since this is a 4Runner forum, I digress, but why not look at a Land Cruiser instead? If budget is a concern, used (read "just broken in") 200 Series Land Cruisers are around the same price as a new 4Runner Limited, and will feel much more planted on road while still giving you all the off road capability you could ever need without it being a dedicated rig.

If budget isn't a concern, I'm sure a Toyota dealer would be more than happy to make you a deal on a new one that's been sitting on their showroom floor for much too long in this uncertain economic climate. It's not unheard of to find unsold examples that are a model year old, or more, that the dealership has been paying taxes on all that time. You just have to find a dealership that actually stocks Land Cruisers...
Muff Muff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote