Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:35 PM

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler74 View Post
2TH4ist, thank you for the video, but it WAAAY over my head and he said at the beginning , "Do this procedure at your own risk". I'll give it a pass. Took it out for a short drive to warm it up and my idle speed was registering 750 rpm.
You are on the right track, it would be good if you had a scan tool to see if there are any markers, the fact that you replaced the battery could make for the dreaded Catalyst not ready. I just had this with my son's 2000 and I did have to replace the front Catalytic converter with the CA legal replacement for $250. Once we did that only the EVAP monitor showed not ready, but that is allowable in CA so it passed no problem. But you should just drive it a bit and have it tested, like @phattyduck said " Seriously though, stop worrying. Drive it, take it in, it should pass just fine. If you fail, come back with your report and we can help diagnose. If you have any concern at all about tailpipe emissions, you can do a few tricks to help it along - even as simple as just keeping it running when you get to the smog shop and driving at least 5 miles before you go there. "

Good luck!
2000 4WD sport 3.4 Elocker <--My son's but I still end up paying.
2001 2WD SR5 3.4 <-- My daughter's...see preceding line.
IBallEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote