Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Banned

ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future
Banned

ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future ElectroBoy has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungster44 View Post
With these instructions it will give us everything we need for 1 bar correct? It is not a set? So if we wanted say 4 bars we would need to increase the quantity? Also what is the load strength on these bars? I would look to add a 180lb RTT plus people in it of course. Thanks!
That’s for one bar. You’ll need a quantity of 4. @Eitek1 can explain this better, but the specs on these extrusions list the tensile strength at 30,000 psi. I’m not sure, but I bet the bolt system would fail before the bar.

I believe the limiting factor for a RTT would be the carrying capacity of the OEM side rails. I don’t recall what it is, I removed the sticker from my rack. I think it is listed as 140lbs. But I think that was the capacity of the whole rack including the OEM crossbars, which are not in use anymore. And it’s a dynamic weight limit: driving around. Probably so you don’t affect handling of the vehicle. Not that big of an issue when parked with people on top. I don’t think the issue is that you will crush the roof. This weight limit issue must have been discussed in some RTT threads.

Last edited by ElectroBoy; 07-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.
ElectroBoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote