Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 01:04 AM

Deep_palancar will become famous soon enough

Deep_palancar will become famous soon enough
Since you observed the work, did they use a lug adapter plate to mount the wheel?
I have one problem wheel that has been trouble since my '10 was new. If that one wheel is balanced with only a cone mount it will be perfect on the machine but will shake on the truck. See Toyota TSB SU002-96 (revised '12). I have to request that the adapter be used since most Techs are not aware of the TSB.

In my experience most Discount Tire places have an adapter plate of some brand. Even my local Wal-Mart has a lug adapter and one specific tech that knows how to use it.

In all of this marking and swapping I'm surprised that wheel #4 has not been swapped to Tire #something else. At least that should point to the problem following a tire or a wheel.

Once upon a time I had a set of tires that did not like being cross rotated. The woven belts would become directionally deformed. Michelin replaced them and said do not cross rotate if you ever run deflated.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Toyota TSB SU002–96 (REVISED) Wheel Balance Haweka.pdf (144.9 KB, 1 views)
Deep_palancar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote