Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 AM

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough
6/28/20 - interior work

I spent several days working on the interior. Started with removing this phone mount the previous owner had installed. I pulled the radio bezel and was relieved that it was only mounted with double sided tape and not with a screw. Would have been more work to repair / replace the radio bezel.

I also installed the TRD pro knob that did not really go well with the 4th gen interior but it still looks a bit out of place here. I'll probably end up giving it to one of my friends that owns a 5th gen. It really only looks right in that interior.

The dealership really did not do a good job cleaning the car up at all. I'm sure the only thing they did was do a light exterior wash. The car still had previous owners stuff in the pictures the sales guy sent me over the phone prior to me buying it. The clean under carriage really was the only thing I was looking for.

Found some old wrappers, earring, and some legos.

Also pulled the back seat pieces to see if I could swap the rear seat since the 4Runner has a center armrest with cup holders, while the FJ doesn't have the armrest and just cup holders on the rear "doors".

Ultimately, found out what others probably knew that they changes the bottoms ever so slightly so they won't sit flat when you install them. My friend did suggest to just swap the seat covers over, which I would have done but the back panels also do not line up.

Seat backs will bolt in but you would have to use the 4Runner rear panels which are carpeted, while the FJ panels are hard plastic. Swapping the panels wouldn't have worked either since the openings don't line up. Kind of weird that Toyota would recycle the platform but change up minor parts like that. So much for swapping over my seats. I also passed on the front seats even though I find them more comfortable. Mainly because the FJ seats have airbags while the 4th gen seats do not. I didn't want to mess with the SRS system yet. Another wasted 4 hours.

// 4G V8 // 3G 2.7 5MT // Model 3 // IS300 5MT // FD RX7 //

Last edited by tv4184; 07-12-2020 at 12:24 AM.
tv4184 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote