View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 06:24 AM

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough
07/02/20 - brakes and 34s

Decided that I would tackle the warped passenger front rotor today. To my surprise this set of wheels and tires showed up on my FB feed.

I was able to pick up this combo of wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/70/18) for a decent deal. Person claimed they only drove on it 700 miles. The measurement isn't much off of my brand new single tire in my garage so it might be the truth. I bought these knowing that I wasn't going to keep the wheels. Once I get my front lift installed in place of the spacers and get a BMC done I'm going to swap over my Terra Grappler G2s and either my friend can take them or I'll just resell them.

Some people might criticize the way I removed the rotor but I definitely wasn't going to reuse / resurface the old rotors. Second, the brake job will only be temporary while my Stoptech calipers get rebuilt, I just kind of have a lot of my plate to work on side projects right now. I just want to get the rig inspected and registered.

Rust welded rotor removal with a MFH - disclaimer - don't do this to your rotors if you're planning to keep / reuse them

Added anti-seize to prevent the rust from welding the new rotor back onto the hub again.

I bought a pad / rotor kit on amazon. It was nice that they included new pins / clips. The clips did not fit so I had to reuse some of the stock ones.

I did foolishly try to run the 34s up front but could not even leave the drive way. So 34s in the back...31s in the front

Parts Installed / Acquired:
- XD 18x9 wheels / Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70/18
- stock front brake maintenance
- Spidertrax 1.25" spacers

// 4G V8 // 3G 2.7 5MT // Model 3 // IS300 5MT // FD RX7 //

Last edited by tv4184; 07-12-2020 at 06:44 AM.
tv4184 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote