Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 07:31 AM

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough
07/09/20 - AJT keyfob case / turn signal switch compare

One of the parts I ordered before I even got the car here. An AJT keyfob case in cement grey. I would have done black but I wanted it a bit different, the only problem is that it blends in with my counter top.

Pretty straight forward process as explained by the video. I couldn't really use a knife to cut off the plastic so I resorted to a dremel tool. My key ended up needing two shims to properly seat without any wiggling. I bought two sets of buttons just so I could have the red panic button. Only thing I missed out on was the TRD etching in the back and that was probably an issue with Toyota. They used to have TRD engraved in the back but not anymore. The case also fits my IS300 keyfob but I thought it would look out of place on that so I will not be getting another case. I need a second keyfob so I'll probably buy the same 2-in-1 flip key I had for my 4th gen.

My next project at some point will be to wire up auxiliary / fog lamps and use a turn signal stalk that has the built in fog lamp switch like both my 4runners did. The FJ is the black harness, which is missing pins 10/11/12 and 17.

I circled the ones present on the 4Runner harness. I was able to figure from the constant on fog light mod page that pin 17 grounds 11 which ends up bridging to 10. In theory, this means all I have to do is wire up pins 10 / 11 with an aftermarket wire kit and should be able to use the fog switch on the turn stalk. I know the FJ has the 5 blanks available under the radio but I like the option of operating it from the turn stalk. I'm not sure if this is really known in the FJ world but thats the benefit from owning multiple types of cars. Can combine different worlds and make them all work together.

As you can see, they're pretty much identical. I found other hits online that point to similar ones that can be used from other Toyota cars too. I won't list them since I can't guarantee what will work. Just what I've encountered in my build so far. 5th gen parts from the steering column won't work here because of the different harness connection.

Mod:
- AJT keyfob case

// 4G V8 // 3G 2.7 5MT // Model 3 // IS300 5MT // FD RX7 //

Last edited by tv4184; 07-12-2020 at 07:42 AM.
tv4184 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote