Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 09:04 PM

85GT-79FJ40 will become famous soon enough

85GT-79FJ40 will become famous soon enough
I bought mine with 35k miles on it about 2 years ago. Stock tires were smooth as glass. 3 days later swapped them out for Grabber ATX tires in stock size on the stock wheels. No problem. obviously not as smooth being an A/T tire but still no vibration issues whatsoever. Even ran them with spidertrax spacers for six months after I lifted it. Decided to put Method wheels and 285's on it 2 months or so ago.... Started with Falken's and they shook horribly. Had them balanced I think 4 times last time being road force where 2 were found to out of round. Got a local dealer to warranty them which was great. They installed BFG A/T's which has always been my go-to A/T tire for the last 25 years. Horrible horrible shaking. Worse than the falkens. Swapped those out 3 days later for the new Toyo open country AT3's. Smooth and quiet as the stock tires but still shaking.... Finally brought the truck to the dealer and had a master tech road force them. All single digits now and it's smooth as glass 70 percent of the time. Still occasionally shakes from 55-65 but then I go around a corner or use the brakes and it stops. Weird. Something else has to be going on.
Toyota 4x4 #17 - 2011 4Runner Trail Edition
85GT-79FJ40 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote