Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 01:19 AM

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
When looking at the Bronco it's marketed as a toy for "men". I would say the Ecoboost has much better power, MPGs and is very popular. However, it's unlikely to have the Toyota reputation for reliability. I don't own one so I can't comment from personal experience.

I'm not debating the reliability of the Toyota drive train. Although, the electronics are simply stupid in may cases. It's all the bells and whistles that don't work - see Entune, which is now deprecated 3 months after I bought the truck. Or is so complex, it's unusable while driving. Good thing we have TSS to save us. ;) Seriously though Toyota (and most companies) should stop hiring children, that can't drive, to design their user interfaces.

So yah your right you can drive it forever and modify it six ways from Sunday, and it's still not a performance SUV. In stock trim it should keep up with a baseline Wrangler off road. But when it gets deep the IFS is limiting and the Rubicon is better equipped. However, it's road manors are much better than most as well.

All that adds up to it does a bunch of stuff good enough, but doesn't lead the pack at anything. Except maybe rear leg room.

So what is Toyota going to do to be different? Answer Hybrid.

Personally I can't stand hybrids and it's not my choice, it's the choice of the masses.
Have you ever taken a 4 runner or wrangler offroad? Or are you just repeating nonsense from other so call automobile writers? The Trd pro or offroad in stock form is far superior to the open diff base wrangler. That IFS that everyone keeps knocking is actually far superior to the Rubicon in the desert especially when you have to drive 30 miles of washboard dirt road with pot holes everywhere. My stock trd 4 runner once was on the Mojave dirt road and I completely left my Jeep bros like I was driving a trophy truck. On the Rubicon Jeep trail every IFS 4 runner made it to top with only a few broken front axles which we fixed in 45 mins or less. Those rubicon jeeps broken diffs, rear and front axles, and 1 2017 broke his transmission. As bad ass as some think the Rubicon is it ain't in stock form. EVERYONE has to modify their trail vehicle and every vehicle breaks it is just the 4 runner is built to break less. Hey but if you don't believe me try some serious offroading and watch how stock sucks and then try to modified your vehicle and watch how fewer problem points a 4 runner has over a Jeep. That 4 runner on paper isn't as capable as a stock bronco but how reliable do you actually think a Bronco will be in the real world 100+ miles from any help on a remote trail?
Thebeastlives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote