Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 01:49 PM

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
I like math... The last time I did the math on hybrid savings over the life of ownership for my own mileage and vehicle choice, the ROI was negligible. It was more likely that I would sell the car before that return was achieved.

I have a good friend who works for an auto manufacturer and he told me a large part of why they make and sell hybrid / economy vehicles is so they can get their fleet MPG up. This allows them to sell more lower mileage vehicles like trucks, which generally tend to be much better sellers.

Apparently these manufactures need to maintain some type of acceptable average across their fleet. I think it’s safe to say that without the Prius, Toyota would not be able to sell as many trucks as they do.

When you take into consideration the mentality behind why these products are even conceived in the first place… it really has nothing to do with cost savings, environment, or making the car better. It has everything to do with satisfying the corporate average fuel economy to maintain sales of more desirable vehicles.

Last edited by Bumbo; 07-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote