Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 01:20 PM

PaulC4 will become famous soon enough PaulC4 will become famous soon enough

PaulC4 will become famous soon enough PaulC4 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1611 View Post
Why not try the zero point, only takes a paperclip?
Unfortunately, not for the 2020 model, as pointed out here:

OBD-II change in 2020 - Zero Point Calibration Issue

And here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLTRD View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the instructions are for years prior to 2020 since my 2020 does not have any connectors in the T12 slot, pictured below. Now what?
But this thread may be discussing several different issues. Really need to know which codes were being thrown.

For PCS malfunctions after a lift, they could be caused by issues with
- the ABS sensor wiring/system (did the ABS wires get stretched?) ,
- alignment (particularly if UCAs are changed, and vehicle was driven with steering wheel no longer centered)
- TSS leveling

I've had experience with the first two. After replacing ABS wire, many of my PCS flashing lights went away. I never got codes, because I was sure of the problem I created by stretching a wire . This did not require code clearing or dealer service. Replace the wire, drove the car, problem cleared.

For the ZPC related codes, I took it to an alignment shop that had a modern alignment system. That system walked the tech through the 3 minutes worth of steps needed to do the ZPC (including the steering wheel center and downhill assist setting), and everything was set.

For TSS - perhaps I've been fortunate. I've done an ~3" lift on a KDSS 4Runner, and as of yesterday added a front bumper with a high bull bar. Neither of those things has caused TSS codes. Knock on wood.

Hope this helps.
PaulC4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote