Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:29 PM

PaulC4 will become famous soon enough PaulC4 will become famous soon enough

PaulC4 will become famous soon enough PaulC4 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1611 View Post
I had the same issue with pins 4 and 12 not working. I tried pins 5 and 13 and it worked. My OBD appeared to be upside down, pins 5 and 13 are 4 and 12 when flipped upside down.
The pin numbering is the same whether the plug is installed right side up, or upside down. But it does take a bit of concentration to sort out which is which while looking at it while contorting down under the dash.

Was your success with a 2020 model?

None of the vendor specified pins are populated in mine. As shown in the picture. Mine is a 2020 ORP. Perhaps other 2020 models are different. If so that would be good information to know.

Pins 4&5 are both ground.
Pin 14 is CAN-bus low. On older models, before CAN-bus for OBD-II was fully defined, Toyota used to use that as a vendor defined pin (for Ts line) - that's why it was listed as the pin to connect for older 4runners. Not sure when the change happened. But when it did, and people used the older instructions of connecting ground to pin 14, they were actually grounding the CanBus Low line, rather than the Ts Line, with unexpected results...

Pin 12 - That was the vendor defined Ts Line up until 2020 - but is not available in my 2020.
Pin 13 - That was the vendor defined Tc Line (used for other things, but not ZPC) up until 2020 - and again not available in my 2020.
PaulC4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote