Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 12:13 AM

Ted02 is on a distinguished road

Ted02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sid View Post
Sorry, I disagree. It's really not that hard to pass smog tests if your vehicle runs good and is maintained by someone who uses good parts, has half a brain, and doesnt try to cut corners.
My '99 v6 passed smog in May with 410k on it.

If you dont want to deal with smog tests, buy something old or something new every few years.
Agree! I've never had a problem with any of my cars, old or newer requiring smog tests.

I do think California is a bit too picky on aftermarket cats though IMHO! My son's '97 Nissan 240SX is on it's 3rd cat because each time it gets smogged the station will say the aftermarket cat doesn't have the correct number stamped on it. It passes the emission test just fine, but not the visual. Twice now he has replaced the cat with supposedly a CA approved one and then passed. Then two years later it fails the visual test again. OEM cats are no longer available for his car. This last time, he had to take it to a state smog referee to get it passed. They told him he would have to continue to go this route every two years when smogging until a real CA approved cat becomes available. What a PITA!
2010 Cadillac DTS
Too many cars, but love them all!

Last edited by Ted02; 07-20-2020 at 12:20 AM.
Ted02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote