View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 04:22 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasrrr View Post
Thats awesome! I might give your LCA refurbish tutorial a go while I'm cleaning my undercarriage. Then once I have enough posts on the forum I'll start my own build thread haha. Cheers dude! Sub'd to your thread!
Sweet! Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions, I'd love to see pics over in that thread as well! I'm trying to collect pictures and a few words from everyone that completes the project, since a variety of perspectives from the 4runner community will help others in the future.
---

General Project Updates:
I have been acquiring 4runner parts and want to get some work done, but its been a million degrees with 200% humidity all last week. I'm also waiting on the differential and knuckle seals I ordered, they somehow went from VA, to OH, to MD, back to VA and are arriving 4 days later than expected. In the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal, but I'm kicking myself for trying to save $15 over buying in person. In that order, I also have the OEM parts for diff breather relocation.

Here is a layout of all the goodies. From left, a mega torque wrench to get the 173-ftlbs or 217ft-lbs spec for the CV axle nut, my rebuilt CV waiting for the seals, some misc plumbing parts that I'm going to use as seal drivers, Rust Reformer to try instead of POR15, fuel tank straps, drill/taps for when I break the skid plate and strap bolts, and metal to rebuilt the front skid mount.

I figure the front skid mount is a good place to practice some welding on my frame, since its not structural and its only jobs are to hold the skid plate and protect the radiator. There is a small piece of frame above it that's in mediocre shape, so I may cut that out as well. I'm slightly nervous because its near a front body mount, but I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained. Hopefully after completing the skid mount and the CV axle, the passenger side frame can get painted.

Off-Topic Minivan Maintenance
Only 4runner related because I used one of my YZZD3 oil filters, but I changed the oil on mom's 05 Sienna for the first time. Don't take easy peasy 1GR oil changes for granted kids, the 3MZ oil filter is under the exhaust manifold and above a front cross member. Its hard to see anything in there, so I was screwing it on blindly. Would have helped if I actually jacked it up, but I just drove it up on sections of 2x10 under the front wheels.

Last edited by y=mx+b; 08-03-2020 at 10:56 PM.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote