Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 08:26 PM

jrp11948 is on a distinguished road

jrp11948 is on a distinguished road
Touchscreen partially dead, again and again

I posted a thread 3 years ago about my 2014 4Runner and the touchscreen going dead on the lower left side. With that section not working the down channel arrow on the channel selector won’t work. Actually it seems out of align. If I touch a station At the bottom, the station above it activates. Ok, I can live without that feature, but when I switch to Nav, the “destination” button won’t work, so no Nav. Again I don’t use it much but also the “answer the phone button” won’t work either. All in that same area.
Ok, here’s the rub. In 3 1/2 years, with my 2014 4Runner the head unit was replaced 4 times. Bought a 2017 vehicle and the same Thing happened in 18 months. The replacement head unit lasted 6 months. The latest one went bad after 6 months. THATS 7 UNITS IN 7 YEARS!!
I’m told it’s my cell phone interrupting with the touchscreen. Got a new phone and that didn’t help. I’ve talked to electronic engineers, they say the phone explanation is BS. One said the only things that could cause that is HEAT. Sounds very possible, but why isn’t everyone going bad?
I very seldom use that part of the screen so the only other thing I can come up with is the way I set up my unit?? Talk about frustrated with Toyota and I don’t want to install a third party product.

Anyone,,,, anyone have any ideas?
jrp11948 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote