Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 03:04 AM

montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of

montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of
Great White Pig build/maintenance/no one cares thread.

So I finally feel like I've done enough to the rig that it merits a "build thread" of sorts.

I've been on this forum since about 2014 when I bought the thing and came across it by accident searching for cheap strut replacements. Yeah that back fired big time. I don't have photos from real early on, just a few from when I got my first wheels and tires. Anyway, here goes:

2008 4Runner SR5 4x4, plain Jane and bone stock. Purchased May of 2013 with 89k on the clock for in the neighborhood of $19k. Unlike some of you, I bought this vehicle not knowing a thing about it. Never owned a Toyota, never off roaded, didn't care it was 4x4 except for driving in snow once twice a year, just caught my eye on the lot. I chalk it up to sheer luck that everything worked, including the 4x4.

List of mods

Suspension:
Icon 2.5 front coilovers (now with 14" 700lb springs)
SPC UCA's
Icon 2.5 with resis and adjusters rear shocks
Icon Overland 3" springs in rear
@eimkeith panhard correction kit
Toytec 1" body lift
+2 stainless steel braided lines
Total Chaos spindle gussets
All-Pro cam tab gussets
Poly Performance Taco Tabs cam delete kit
Lower control arms rebuilt at 150k with: Whiteline Bushings, Moog ball joints
Moog tie rod ends.

Wheels/tires:

Previously ran Pro Comp 17x9 -6 with 285/70/17 Nitro Trail Grapplers. Never got stuck or flat.
Stealth Custom Series Ray 10's 17x9 -38 traded SR8 -10 with Falken Wildpeak AT3W Goodyear Duratracs in 285/70/17.

Armor:

Coastal Off-road plate bumper with single hoop.
Coastal Off-road skid plates
White Knuckle Off-road sliders.

Exterior:

Rigd Ultraswing hitch tire carrier with Rago Fab molle panel and fold down camp table/cutting board.
Satoshi grill (pain in the rear)

Performance (lol who are we kidding):

K&N intake, I hate the noise it makes recently.
Flowmaster 50 muffler with rerouted black ABRP tip.
Exhaust cam gears with 3° retard
Intake plenum spacer (1/2")

Lighting:

Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport SAE fogs in yellow.
Baja Designs squadron sport wide cornering in yellow. One pair in bumper, one pair waiting to be installed as ditch lights.
Auxiliary back up lights, random 6" off brand lights off a guy at TW.
Auxbeam LED headlights.
Most all interior is LED except door pockets and unfortunately the dash/climate etc

Wishlist:

Sherpa roof rack
Some variation of a RTT
Cargo drawers build
Fridge w/ slide
Solar panel
On board air
Dobinson 701 springs to support the extra weight eventually went Icon Overland
Katzkin leather seats w/ warmers. This is becoming a priority as my driver seat is starting to tear.
Get around to buying a winch, Probably Warn 8k w/ synthetic line.

It's taken me six years to get it where I'm happy with it. Still loads to do!

Last edited by montijo505; 10-02-2021 at 02:59 PM.
montijo505 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote