Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 01:14 PM

Gull81 is on a distinguished road

Gull81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreakgc View Post
You can use the OEM jack for the fronts but the rear wheels turn together so you'll need to use jackstands to raise both tires off the ground. If buying jackstands and a floor jack isn't in the cards right now and you think it's a rotating part that's making the noise, you can cut to the chase and see if it's the most common offender the rear driveshaft. I'm assuming you have 4WD, so you can unbolt the driveshaft from vehicle and drive in 4WD just using the front wheels. Just use a sharpie or whiteout and mark the position of the driveshaft on both flanges before removal. You'll know if that was the culprit. Finding clunks and vibrations is often just a process of elimination.

I have the 2WD, hence why I was upset when I went and bought the grease gun just to crawl under and realize the u joints of the 2wd is non greaseable.

I assume I can jack under the crossmember in the front?

My current plan of action is to, have a friend drive the car while I listen outside to pinpoint the location of the noise, and know what kind of trouble I am in.

I am probably just going to end up taking it to the mechanic. Sadly my living situation right now doesn't allow me the time, location or tools to do it myself.
Gull81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote