Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 03:24 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gull81 View Post
I have the 2WD, hence why I was upset when I went and bought the grease gun just to crawl under and realize the u joints of the 2wd is non greaseable.

I assume I can jack under the crossmember in the front?

My current plan of action is to, have a friend drive the car while I listen outside to pinpoint the location of the noise, and know what kind of trouble I am in.

I am probably just going to end up taking it to the mechanic. Sadly my living situation right now doesn't allow me the time, location or tools to do it myself.
Ah, gotcha. Well that does eliminate a lot of possible parts that could be causing the noise, since you don't have them. Yes on using the crossmember to jack up the vehicle. There's a few other spots you can use in the owner's manual. I've also seen in the center rear skid plate there's a hole in the center where the bottle jack can fit. Not sure if that's intentional as a jack point or just a coincidence. That's where I use my floor jack when I'm raising the vehicle, it lifts both tires off the ground at the same time in the front but since the floor jack is larger I have to remove the skid plate. May not have to with the bottle jack.

To provide an alternative, these rigs do make noises as they age. I've just learned to live with some of them and this could be one you just get used to.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build

Last edited by gamefreakgc; 07-26-2020 at 03:27 PM.
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote