Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:26 PM

Renol is on a distinguished road

Renol is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Much obliged for the response. To answer your questions, the front struts and springs were installed and then I started noticing the noise. I assumed it was due to one strut having the spring seat installed upside down.

The lower arms and joint was replaced a short while after as everything was rusted solid on the old arms which were pretty much shot. The old joint started slinging massive grease soon after the lift. I assumed the new bolts were tight but I'll take a look. Actually had a bad experience on a previous car where the bolts came loose and one day I noticed my car had positive camber so bad it had to have been several degrees off. By the time I noticed the tires were shot. The camber supposedly was adjusted with a front end alignment at the time of install, but considering I still have a slight pull, the shop never gave me a proof sheet of specs and I swear my tires are showing additional negative camber wear in spite of it all so I'm gonna look real hard at those bolts.

As for circles, I actually tried just that a while ago. I found a corner of a lot and did circles both forward and back and didn't notice anything nor did I get any popping even with wheels at lock. I've considered that other cv axle but I just hate to throw parts at a problem. It does seem plausible. What has been giving me pause is how it feels/sounds like its coming from the driver's side which was the one replaced. I realize sound transmits as well, but my impression is that the sound comes from separate areas. First pop usuallys feels like the driver's side and the second further in. Again, could be my imagination.

Side note - for anyone lifted have you done the cv boot stretch mod or have you left everything as is? According to what I saw it'd make sense that one failed soon after lifting.
Renol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote