Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 12:25 AM

spdrcr29 is on a distinguished road

spdrcr29 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like I’m in about the same boat as you. Pretty much replaced the entire front end, including new front diff. New Napa axles and calipers, new wheel bearings, brake pads, lower control arms w/ ball joints, Bilstein 5100 shocks on FJ springs, new upper shock mounts, Sway bar bushings and more. Never had any noises previously, but now and just like you, I’ve got a pop noise coming from the front end. Nowhere near as loud as yours though. Will only do it after it’s sat over night. Get out the next morning, creep forward a bit and press the brake pedal and POP! Usually a single pop noise, primarily from the right front, but sometimes it sounds like it comes from the driver side. Occasionally after driving out of our neighborhood and making a right turn, it will make a second pop noise but it’s very faint. Anyway, once it makes the pop noise, you can drive all day long and it will never do it again until its sat for the majority of the day or sits over night. Pretty predictable that it will do it. Drives me nuts not knowing where it’s coming from. Was thinking it’s brake pad shift because at least for mine, it seems like it does it when I press the brakes after it’s sat for a long time. Pulled the pads out and used a heavy duty grease on the ears of the pads and back side of the pads, but it didn’t change a thing. Since replacing practically everything up front, I’ve changed too many things to know what’s causing it. Haven’t really done anything else to figure it out though. Yeah it’s annoying, but so far it doesn’t seem to affect anything other than piss me off every time I hear it. Well good luck tracking your noise down. If I come up with anything on mine, I’ll let you know!

Last edited by spdrcr29; 07-28-2020 at 12:28 AM.
spdrcr29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote