Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:35 AM

alirawk will become famous soon enough

alirawk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Decided to bring this thread back from the dead. I am currently in the market for a Alu-cab, or equivalent awning to go on my Gobi Rack. The problem i am seeing is that i will not be able to get the hatch up all the way. I have also seen the 180 awning which will allow full opening of the hatch.

Peregrine 180 With Light suppression technology - 23ZERO USA

Also, it seems Gobi's brackets WILL allow a 270 awning to clear the hatch. Anyone else experienced it?
If you look up on this thread you'll see the steel brackets I attached to my Alu-Cab RTT to lift the awning above the hatch. I'm sure you could very easily do the same with the Gobi. i just looked up the Gobi awning brackets for the alu-cab and you could easily a piece of flat stock to them to raise the awning, much as I did with the alu-cab RTT.

Although the Peregrine 180 looks interesting and especially at half the price of the alu-cab -- I must tell you that the alu-cab awning is rather remarkable in the ease of its deployment and stand alone wind resistance. I have used it without any support legs in the middle of Joshua Tree spring winds where I was having a difficulty staying upright, but the awning held strong no problem.

Somebody mentioned the bundutec awning. I don't have any personal experience with that, but it looks cool. It's bigger and covers more of the rig, which seems to be most ideal if you're attaching to a stand alone trailer -- but a little irrelevant if going on top of your 4-runner as the extra panel only covers the hood of the ride. However, it too will likely run you closer to a couple grand when tax and shipping are included.

Hope this helps.
CBI swing out bumper with jerry cans, camp table & light; Goose Gear drawers & sleeping platform; Alu-Cab RTT/Shadow Awning; Prinsu rack with Heretic 40" light bar; Raingler nets; BF Goodrich AT K02 285 70/17; Dirty Parts dual battery kit; Prestigious Society Navigation Enhancement
alirawk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote