Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 11:19 PM

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about
Rhino Rack roof basket, Traction board install & 2 in 1 switchblade key fob

Got my X-Tray large Rhino Rack Basket put on.

Had to put some foam rubber tape on the corners of the factory crossbars due to the basket frame rattling as I drive.

Made some mounts for my X-Bull 3rd Gen traction boards. I used a couple inexpensive Amazon light mounts to attach to the rack and went to the local Ace hardware for some parts to mount it.

Link for the Amazon light mounts. Pretty universal for a bunch of diameters. It’s a little squishy due to all the rubber. It’s pretty decent for such light items though.
Amazon.com: Nilight 4PCS Mounting Bracket Kit LED Off-Road Light Horizontal Bar Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

Link for the X-Bull traction boards, seem good quality but haven’t used them yet.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-BULL-3-GE...72.m2749.l2649

I used the following materials for the mounts
1-14 Ga. strap metal cut to length (8 holes)
2-4” 5/16” all thread hex head bolts
2-5” 5/16” all thread hex head bolts
4-5/16” lock washers
4-5/16” nuts for the above
4-5/16” fender washer
4-Nylon spacers with caps
4-Nylon spacers (2 different lengths for the different length bolts above)
4-5/16” washers
4-5/16” wing nuts

I used JB Kwik weld to adhere the 2 pieces of nylon spacers together (albeit unnecessary) to help from losing pieces when they’re taken off. It looks kinda tacky but will grind down and paint black when I paint the rest of the mounts. I’m considering drilling a hole towards the end of the bolt and putting cotter pins through so the wing nuts can’t back out and fall off. They seem to snug up pretty good though.

To secure it from theft I used a Python cable lock to go through the handles and a couple holes in the back of the boards.

Also received my 2 in 1 key fob switchblade. It was easy to program for both the key chip transponder and the keyless remote. People were saying these were less bulky than the factory. I beg to differ, the factory key fob is very slim and small, but with the key it’s a bit wider but is lighter overall.

1.25oz

1.70 oz

Link to the 2 in 1 switchblade key fob I bought.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgraded-Fl...72.m2749.l2649

Here is a thread with the programming instructions for the transponder key.
How to make spare chipped keys

Here is a link to programming the key fob keyless entry itself. Post #6 is for an 03-05 and post 8 is for an 06-09. Mine is an 08 and the second sequence worked for mine.
https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...ing-print.html

Ace Hardware cut my switchblade key, the lady said she’s not supposed to do it since I didn’t buy it there. I told her I wouldn’t hold her liable if it didn’t work. I told her I’d pay for it if it worked and if it didn’t no worries. I took it in with the key blank loose and not in the key fob.

She cut it and worked perfect. She didn’t even charge me, not that I had any problem paying for it though. The hardest thing about the switchblade key fob was getting the roll pin out and putting it back in. It was a bear and that was with a roll pin punch lol.

The key comes loose, do yourself and favor and do NOT install the roll pin to test out. Then you have to remove it. Again, it was a pain.
2008 Titanium Metallic 4WD 4Runner V6 SR5| Satoshi Grille mod|17x8 Level 8 MK6 wheels, 275/70/17" Falken Wildpeak tires| Front-Bilstein 5100's set at 0 with ToyTec branded Eibach silver springs and 1/2" ToyTec spacer driver side, 1/4" ToyTec spacer passenger|Front Diff. drop spacer kit|sway bar relocate kit| Rear-Fox 2.0Resi and ToyTec superflex black springs|Tyger Bull bar with LED's/Lund HX tube side steps
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in Crystal White Pearl

Last edited by cwilliams563; 07-31-2020 at 01:27 AM.
cwilliams563 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote