View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 02:50 PM

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RMDNA View Post
Hi, I have a 2020 4Runner SR5 4WD. I did my oil change at 5500 a few days ago and I'm having issues with reading the oil level. The level keeps showing that it is overfilled (about 2-3 cm above the second dot). I've read online about how others are having issues as well. I used mobil 1 so it is very clear which doesn't help obviously. I put in the full 6.6 Qt after draining everything. Do you have any advice on what I should do to get an accurate reading? Should I drain some of it out? Thank you!
I think you're OK. I have the same problem. See this video ... Easy! - How to read your dipstick when it's hard to see!. #13 - YouTube When I use this method, dipstick oil level is 1+ cm high on one side and about 6+ cm high on the other side even when I wipe the stick and remeasure as many as 6 times. See this thread Oil Level Reading . Read Lester Lugnut's post near end of thread. He bought a new Toyota dipstick which is a superseded part number. The new stick measures 1/2 inch shorter than the old stick and oil level has been right on full ever since changing to the new stick.

If your oil level is actually 2-3 cm high, nothing will happen as stated in other threads on this subject. When I do an oil change, I measure, count and set aside 6.6 quarts of oil to be put in to avoid any and all doubt as to how much oil went in. You could also measure how much comes out. I doubt very much if 1-2 quarts can remain pooled in the engine.

Last edited by DougR; 08-02-2020 at 03:29 PM.
DougR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote