Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice
It's difficult to get a consistent oil level reading because the dipstick guide tube enters engine block at the back near the firewall. A section of the tube is very close to horizontal. If I rotate the dipstick 90 degrees, it cannot be inserted past the first bend in the guide. I kept probing and rotating the dipstick until I reached a point where it would barely get past the guide bends. Upon removing the stick, one edge had a long trail of oil, however the opposite edge was clean. Wiping the stick on a paper towel as shown in the above YouTube video confirmed oil level is right at full with a -50140 dipstick part number. Two more measurements made without probing and rotating showed oil level almost 1 cm high. Vehicle was cold and had not been driven for 2 days, which is very rare.

Last edited by DougR; 08-03-2020 at 01:47 PM.
DougR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote