Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:58 AM

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Person View Post
@gaterose Nice write-up - I wish I would have read that before digging into replacing the front doors and dash speakers on my 15 Limited with JBL. It would have made it a lot easier, but eventually I figured it out. These well documented tutorials are few and far between for the 5th gens with JBL.

I was curious if you noticed difference with your sub remaining at 2ohm while all your speakers switched to 4ohm? ... I was still curious if you had to compensate with the volume, fade, or bass in order to keep the 4ohm/2ohm working together well?

I know it's been a few months since you originally posted this - have you made any upgrades since then?
Thanks! I agree, I had a very hard time finding a good writeup for the JBL system and it looked like my speakers were not the same as some of the threads.

I think that replacing the rear at the same time may have helped me a lot over you, since I'm not having noise issues with the rear. We hadn't noticed anything different with the sub either, the bass seems heavier since we now have better woofers in the doors but nothing distorts or sounds like it's being pushed too hard.

I honestly don't remember making any changes to the settings. I remember being afraid the 2/4ohm thing could be a problem but I was happy with the sound on the first drive. No updates to the audio since this post.
'03 4Runner UnLimited - Sold
gaterose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote