Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 03:18 PM

snydmax will become famous soon enough

snydmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross20 View Post
So you guys can even tow in the mountains? See that really makes me feel like the engine is missing some ponies.

The best we could do was like 2nd gear , 3500-4000 Rpm just struggling to keep around 30-40 mph. This is with no trailer, and probably under 200 lbs of gear. Is this normal? Even my gf, who has driven in Colorado in her 2015 Corolla, said it just didn't feel right when she drove. Said her Corolla never struggled this much.

I did think about the supercharger, but then it's like....do I do that and lose fuel economy, or get a 4runner with the 4.0 V6 to gain power and efficiency? Then I have to think about the Costs, I can't afford to drop $2000-3000 for the SC, but I can easily finance a vehicle without skipping a beat.

Ugh, I hate it because I love my 3rd gen...feels like betrayal.

Gotta wonder, could the mountain performance have anything to do with your current misfire issue? Hope it’s not too soon [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk