Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:11 PM

rc10mike is on a distinguished road

rc10mike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremluck View Post
700lb springs are overkill for almost any possible front end configuration out there on a 5th gen. Outside of an ARB bumper, 10k winch, dual batteries, dual air compressor and full steel protection. I specifically call out the ARB bumper because it’s center mass with a winch is cantilevered off the front end more than most bumpers. Which has a big impact on how any platform performs.

650 or 700lb springs weren’t really that much a difference in terms of pavement driving. They both suck You will get better on road handling by turning up your compression dampening than you would running 700s. I do a lot of racetrack driving with my BMW M3 so I’m pretty sensitive to on road manners. The truth is the 5th gen will never handle well on asphalt because it’s an absolute pig.

Oh and you should never be running an excess of 2.5” of lift for our IFS setup if you want the right up and down travel off-road. Going higher may get you mall crawler brownie points but it won’t help off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this is my first SUV. Last car was a 13 SRT8 Charger and Im pretty impressed with how the 4r handles for a tall big SUV. Like I said my only "issue" is it does ride rough sometimes.

I dont think I can tune the 6112s but I could be wrong. Would you say going with a 600lb spring (from the same company, same series) would help the rough-er ride?

Pretty sure Im at around 2.5" lift in the front currently. It has KDSS but also has Total Chaos UCAs if that matters.
rc10mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote