Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 10:53 AM

Wiglaf is on a distinguished road

Wiglaf is on a distinguished road
Repairs on the punch-list:

1) Rusted hood - this is probably from living near the ocean and my not doing my best to keep this thing properly clean during college :/

I bought some of this paint for like $16 bucks at AutoZone on a whim. Will give it a shot at some point. Will probably watch a YouTube video beforehand, but anyone have any experience with this stuff?

2) Missing panel cap - Passenger-side quarter panel interior, not sure what happened to this thing, but would love to find a replacement, if one exists for under $10. Not sure where to shop for that other than a junkyard. Also need a chair adjust button cap.

3) Hood Latch - I have no idea how this happened, but the lever to unlock my hood doesn't work anymore. I have to squeeze my arm up under the grill and manually unlatch it to open it. This is what it looks like now, not sure what it should look like:

4) Gas Cap Panel - the locking pin inside the gas cap has fallen into the slot and won't lock any longer. I finagled it out with some pliers a few times, but it always falls back in. Seems like a hard assembly to mess with to replace. Anyone have experience? Biggest paranoia is that someone will siphon or poison my gas since the panel is always propped open now... I'm probably being overly anxious. It's been fine for a few months now.

5) Hood Struts - they just fall down every time, I wish this thing just used the old-school locking stick, since it's so much less likely to fail. For now I've been using the head of a street broom I keep in my car. Not sure if this one is even worth spending time/money on.

6) Rear Door Actuator - So, I thought this thing had failed after finding that the fuses for it were still intact, and everything else seemed operable, but the rear door just wouldn't unlock or open. But after ~400 mile round trip camping trip, I noticed my battery was just dead empty when I went to start it the next morning after driving it that distance. I concluded that my 3 year old AutoCraft Gold Battery was finally spent, went and picked up a new DieHard Gold Battery from AdvanceAuto and my rear door hatch works again! Yay!
Wiglaf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote