Site Navigation

Thread: Shudder
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 12:01 PM

labrunner_t4r_ is on a distinguished road

labrunner_t4r_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Don't know how true, but according to Ford, the stutter associated with uneven tread did take a toll on the vehicles various components. What specifically, I don't recall. Just a heads up. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
So good news, it was a tire issue thank God. We swapped the tires over from my wife's Tacoma and when out driving ther was no shudder at all. Put my tires back as they were, and the shudder was back in full effect. We ended up taking the back right tire, putting it on the front left, the back left onto the front right, and the two front straight back. The shudder is there, but nowhere near as strong, and you can tell its no longer towards the front of the vehicle. So, one of the two front tires is jacked up in some form. Looked at them off the truck and the tread looks good. Neither rim looks bent. Maybe a faulty tire with something internally screwed up? All I know is I'm going to ride it for a few hundred more miles to see if the tread wears down more evenly. If not, I'll be going back to Toyota to see if I threw a wheel weight or maybe a belt is screwy? I'm just happy to know this wasn't a transmission issue. That had me sweating the fights with Toyota to come, but I still appreciate the help from here. You guys at least kept me sane until I could figure this out.

2019 TRD Pro

SOBX Living
labrunner_t4r_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote