Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 09:46 PM

niadh0 will become famous soon enough niadh0 will become famous soon enough

niadh0 will become famous soon enough niadh0 will become famous soon enough
Hi guys,

good to see the interest.

Here are a first set of pictures.

a bit about this head unit.... here is a review by a reputed installer who happens two be a you-tuber and posts about various install and good install tips.... The Best car stereo out the Sony RSX GS9 - YouTube

as you can see there is nothing fancy about this unit besides great processing capabilities. it is not very intuitive but i am ok with it.

RSX-GS9 is meant to be a head unit that would replace the factory head unit. In my case I am going to keep the 2020 HU where it is and feed the amplified speaker output from the factory HU to the RSX-GS9 in its hi-level input terminal in the back as AUX2 input. anything I play off the Factory HU will go through Sony's DSEE-HX processing and get enhanced. Any Hi-Res source I have will be plugged directly into Sony hi-res specific USB ports... via phone/iPad/USBFlash etc. As for the location inside the 4R, I am going to sacrifice the middle console with a nice custom made mount for the GS9 where i can see the face then i life the lid. The amps will under the front two sets - most likely one on each side... haven't decided until I receive them.

Keep in mind that this is just a sound processing unit (more like a pre-amp in your pure home theatre setup) that carries top quality DACs for digital to analogue conversion. The converted signal is then passed to Sony's AMPS --- the GX4 amp for the four channel amplification and the GS100 for the subwoofer amplification.

The amps have all the settings for optimal calibration... this is for anything that you can not control from the GS9 processor. GS9 alone has good sound optimization options. In my case the GX4 Amp i fill feed one set of component speakers for the front... that has the woofer in the front L+R door, super tweeter in the L+R dash (along with a cross over units inside the dash). GX4 will feed two more sets that run in series - the first is the middle door speakers where two way speakers are mounted and the second is the hatch component speakers (woofer and super tweeter with cross over). Toyota runs the front+dash factory speakers in parallel, and the middle+hatch speakers in series... this is why the tweeter adapter is needed. the wire mapping is shown in the pic below but I will explain with a dedicated diagram in the future. The GS100 amp will feed the dual coil Sony 12inch sub that will run at 2ohm load.

And I must mention that I am not cutting any factory harness to run the speakers off the amp or running any new wires throughout the 4R. the two metra adapters i mentioned above that just got released for MY2020 will help me connect the Factory HU to the GS9 processor, and then GX4 amplified speakers back to the factory speakerharness.

BTW I am open for ideas for where to mount the AMPS and any alternative location besides the centre console compartment for the GS9. I also need recommendation for the sub enclosure if anyone knows any make then let know - i need at least 0.9 cubic ft volume. so far i narrowed down to Sound Ordnance Bass Bunker Sealed single 12" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB12-95S) from Crutchfield. Thanks much

@Jernik
@J-Roc
@fleurnoir
@Whippersnapper02
@usdmej
@rc10mike
@CITYRNR
@GuySmiley
@1jzgte
Attached Images
@Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0443-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0444-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0445-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0434-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0433-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0439-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0437-jpg  @Audiophiles - Sony HI-Res RSX-GS9 in a 4R-img_0438-jpg 

Last edited by niadh0; 08-20-2020 at 11:18 PM.
niadh0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote