View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Banned

pointman will become famous soon enough pointman will become famous soon enough
Banned

pointman will become famous soon enough pointman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leowiz View Post
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I did drive a couple of 2019 SR5s and hated the way it drove but my wife had no issues with it. And this is her car, or at least she is the one who really wanted this for her "mid-life-crisis" as she put it. I figured that the car I like and want is probably still a year out so this will do and so far from what I see, the resale value is pretty good on these. I actually just drive a kia Telluride and it blew my expectations. I would have bought that instead except that there is an 8k markup on them.

As for body on frame, I owned a range rover classic LWB for a while which is a BOF. It did drive like a truck but it was also 20 years old.

I am going to see how it goes. It only has 300 miles on it right now but we are driving to Yellowstone and beyond in 3 weeks so will have more time with it.

As for off-roading, we do a few camping trips here in Oregon where we drive on forest service roads and our Subaru Outback has done great but there are places I haven't dared to go; but will now. I feel like I need to go off road to start appreciating this rig otherwise I will keep hating it. Just need to find something close-by soon so I can test it.

I will look into these shocks. Even though I have done this myself 15 years ago, how much are we taking for a set of Eibachs or Kings installed? 1k I am guessing is just the price of the shocks.
Kia for over sticker? Sounds insane.

I am surprised that coming from an old school Rover that the 5th gen 4Runner is causing you driving pains. I have owned many Rovers, and the 5th gen 4Runner is by far a much more compliant on road performer than anything Land Rover that isn't relatively new. The Defender 90 was like like rolling the dice at anything over 40 mph.
pointman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote