Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 10:02 PM

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
I drive the i70 west regularly and you can tell the truck has to work going up hill but with OD off ect button pushed have no trouble keeping up with traffic and doing 65+. The key is using downhill momentum to go up and not get stuck behind slow pokes. I vé driven a friends 3rd Gen with a supercharger on I70 west and what a difference even with altitude the amount of power available at the pedal when going up steep inclines over passes was absolutely enjoyable.
Driving up the 8 from Tucson into SD clearly the 3rd gen isnt capable of keeping up with modern SUVs. The combination of older transmission and torque under 200 just does not give it the power to run with flow of traffic when a significant incline is involved. I for the most part was able to run the speed limit of 75 most of time except when the incline became steep and long. As I left El Centro and started the long climb through the mtns I shifted to 2nd and kept it up to 50 to 55 mphs which was ok for me. I was passed by another 3rd gen with 33" and a lift. I'm sure he was super charged because he was keeping up with some jeeps and 5th gens in his caravan doing at least 75 to 80.

My 3rd gen is strictly my dog car now so I don't mind being slower because it still has a 100% never broke down on a road trip record. Even though on the way back the alternator went out 300 miles from home. It still made it home even though I had to pull off the hwy the last .5 mile and turn the lights off to make it in my driveway...lol The beast didn't not break down and leave me stranded on the hwy. Slow and reliable is ok in a 26 year old vehicle.
Thebeastlives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote