Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 12:28 PM

B17babe is on a distinguished road

B17babe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox75 View Post
Babe.....do you know what bypass you had in the truck? My guess it was original Hewitt Tech version(lots of wiring). I haven't heard of many bypass issues as they are pretty simple devices. Let me know how it all turns out. I'm sure you're not wanting to install another but there are many forum members on here running my bypass with no issues what-so-ever. All of those codes you listed are easily defeated with a properly installed bypass.
Get this. I got the bypass done by my mechanic 1.5 years ago at 115K miles on my 2007 V-8 limited sport edition 4.7L. Cost me 750. or so. I cannot do these things myself.
Two weeks ago I caved and gave it to dealer to fix the dash lights coming and going and car dying. So far I'm out 2500. or so to eliminate my bypass fix and put their SAIS 'fix' in. But lights keep coming on just as before.
Days go by. They haven't figured it out and have had to call Toyota.
Yes, you heard me right. The Toyota dealer had to call Toyota.
Yada Yada my 4Runner is still in the shop.
They did give me a free loaner.
Whoop-d-do.
I haven't asked my original mechanic where he got the bypass kit but I will. And I didn't find this thread until I was out the major bux.
I do thank all of you out there for your clues, etc.
Again. I am NOT a mechanic. I'm older. I'm female. I'm the original owner.
B17babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote