Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 05:53 PM

apc9199 will become famous soon enough

apc9199 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat4runner View Post
Just because you have a 4runner doesn't mean people need to make unwise decisions about their spending. I'm all for american when the quality is superior to non-american, but if the end result is the same why overpay to make people who own Husky or Weather-tech more rich? Just because they make more money, doesn't mean it creates more jobs for our economy. Also, the base location listed on their website's contact lists an address in Washington. So, most likely a company that is sourcing its product manufacturing somewhere overseas and then selling it here. Still technically an american company right? haha

As far as OPs post, I think its a deal.
I didn't say people with 4Runners had to make unwise decisions about their spending. What I was implying is that if you can afford to drive a 5th Gen 4Runner, you can PROBABLY afford to spend a little more to support an American company. And yes, Husky and Weather-Tech BOTH make their products in the United States...AMERICAN companies. The end result is not the same. Sure, your floors are protected for an indeterminate amount of time either way. The difference is that you're feeding American workers and their families when you buy American products. I'm not sure what "Just because they make more money, doesn't mean it creates more jobs for our economy" is supposed to mean. Buying American products doesn't employ people to make those products, who then get paid money to do so, to buy the things they need to live? Right, its a way better idea to just give more money to China so THEIR corporations can take more of it and give their workers even less than we give ours. That's a sad way of thinking. I know that Chinese workers have to eat too, but that's not my concern. I don't stand to support a country that consistently steals intellectual property and trade secrets from other countries, just to turn around and use it against them.

I didn't intend for this to become a pissing match, just a suggestion to buy American when you can. I guess some people just don't see the value in that anymore.
apc9199 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote