Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 12:55 PM

bluecollarjock is on a distinguished road

bluecollarjock is on a distinguished road
Well Diode Dynamics has a 15% off sale for Labor Day, but it’s a 3-4 week wait for any SS3 fogs pro or sport for 4runner. Bummer. I’m making this mountain drive pretty much every weekend and wanted to do this ASAP because it doesn’t even feel safe unless I want to crawl speed. And admittedly when you’re working until 9pm or 10pm, and have a 2 hour drive home from mountains back into LA I want to hurry!!!

I have a cool audio, tint and light shop locally that hooks up vets and first responders and he said he can throw in some LED bulbs into my fogs cheap and fast.... but as someone said I only want to cry once. Even if it’s cheap if they aren’t fantastic I’ll still want to do something else.

Been scanning tons of threads and some people claim really good results with plug and play Toyota/LEXUS stock LED fogs for only $120. That’s significantly cheaper than Diode Dynamics....and seems similar to some of the LED bulb replacements.

I’m considering them now since it’s on amazon and can get here ASAP, and if OEM would hope they last a long time.

And since I even as a dunce can replace headlight bulbs, and mine are 4 years old, may just attempt the Phillips X-tremevision upgrades to low and high beams in stock H11/9005. If it’s true on these threads and videos I’ve burned tons of time looking at, my stock lights may be less powerful just because of age , and perhaps some stock LED fogs and x-tremevision new bulbs will get me home a little safer (and faster).

If that doesn’t do the trick I’m guessing this shop could throw and off brand LED light bar behind the grill fairly cheap to use on the dirt roads until I get back to main highway. Or I pony up for the KC 20” behind grill model if my first attempt with above doesn’t work. This is where I am sort of leaning for moment just to get it done sooner than later and keeps it sh$t simple.

I got the TRD Pro 4 years ago because I had a horrible habit with every 4x4 I’ve ever owned (and that’s all I’ve owned) of constantly putting this or that on, even if I didn't have time to wheel. I was hoping the TRDP was “cool” enough for as old as I am to learn to grow up and not be lifting, adding lights, bumpers and winches to 4x4s when I now live in LA and can’t go wheeling and hunting every weekend like I did growing up!! Even looking at lights has me thinking I need a bumper and sliders... not logical !!
bluecollarjock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote