Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 12:31 PM

Brian1973 is on a distinguished road

Brian1973 is on a distinguished road
Not conclusive YET, but I'm aiming towards naming Ron Burgandy a winner. The gas tank can be pushed up and let down about 1/2 to 1 inch and seems logical to be the issue since it does seem to be a noise on the drivers side. With that said, the strap appears to be fine and there does not seem to be any way to tension it more to reduce the possible bouncing. I have not taken the skid plate off to actually see the strap but looking through the holes of the skid plate where I can does not lead me to believe it isn't holding the tank. Ideas? put a piece of 1/2 inch trex material under there between the skid plate and tank?

Also being considered runner up is end links for sway bar, they are connected and appear to be ok but the rubber seems torn near the bushing sooo, for an inexpensive thing to cancel possible future issues, being replaced.

Exhaust is awfully close to the rear of the body over the axle so I squeezed a piece of wooden broom handle, 4 inches of it in the rubber hanger of the tailpipe to give another couple inches drop for the tailpipe. Only other way I can see to help that is to take the tailpipe off and bend it somehow. Again, don't think it's an exhaust thump. Strongly leading towards the tank being the issue!
ScanGuage II, 231mm Tundra Brake upgrade,
ABS mod
Brian1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote