Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 07:32 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Tires!
I finally got some tires to mount on the free FJ Cruiser/Early 5th gen trail wheels (See here for more info in picking up the wheels). Picked up some 265/70r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws lightly used on Facebook Marketplace to replace my current tires. I'm still on the stock suspension, so anything bigger would probably run into issues. I bought them off a pavement princess 5th gen owner that changed them out for something else. Hopefully thats not a bad sign haha. The Falken's have a date code of 5219, so they're just about 9 months old now. I'm pretty satisfied and they still have the little fingers on the side too! I'll be getting them mounted soon, and will update with pictures!

Old Tire Info
Just some interesting information on the old Wild Country Sport XHT tires. They were on the 4runner when I bought it in 2016, the date code is sometime in earlyish 2015, and I found on old Goodyear receipt from 186,411 miles dated 7/30/16 with a tread depth of 10/32. They currently have 3-4/32 on them. After some googling, the original tread depth was around 12/32, so with 211,800ish miles at the moment, these tires only lasted probably 30,00ish miles. Definitely not the highest quality tire, both in terms of tread wear and traction, but they worked for the 4 years I've had them.

06+ Headlight Update
Headlight bulbs are delayed in shipping. I recently learned from a local subreddit that Amazon is no longer routing through a UPS distribution center in my area, so things are going to take 2 weeks even when using prime shipping.

Welding Project and Dirtbike Excuses
To continue to tease @montijo505 , I didn't get to make any progress on my welding project this weekend. It was sprinkling on and off most of Saturday, which is not necessarily good for welding outside. Heres a weld that I thought looked good as more teaser material. Its a piece of 1/8" plate welded to 2" square tubing to make it thicker for threads. The 1" square is bolted with a flange to the main contraption. Also a bracket I made to hold something round, I'm definitely learning that small things are difficult to make.

Instead, my friend and I worked on our dirtbikes. Its not necessarily 4runner related, but I figure I better provide a good excuse for not working on my welding project. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of this weekend's bike wrenching, so I attached some older ones for viewing enjoyment. My bike is an Honda xr200r that I bought during an internship where I was away from family and friends and bored after work. It was kind of abused by the previous owner, so it made for a good project. I've already done a top end rebuild with new valves, cylinder bored +0.5mm, and new Weisco 65.5mm piston. All of this was done on a coffee table in a different apartment with the bike on the second floor lol. I did get the full security deposit back too! Its been sitting kind of sitting recently, and last had ethanol gas in the tank. This weekend we cleaned the carb out really well, drained the tank, filled with fresh ethanol free gas, and its back up and well! My friends has a Kawasaki KLR250 project dual sport and we cleaned the carb, replaced the main jet, replaced the main jet again, then installed a new stater.

The welding project is not a dirt bike carrier either lol. I already have the Aluminum HF carrier, and it works great! Although I would eventually like to make a raising and lower mechanism, since it is hard to unload by myself.

Heres a picture from a few months ago, I have the seat and plastics, they're just not attached here. Also an older picture of tearing down the top end from the rebuild.

Last edited by y=mx+b; 09-13-2020 at 09:44 PM.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote