Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 02:40 PM

BlakeA will become famous soon enough

BlakeA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeerun View Post
Whoa! That is brilliant! I definitely have been trying to figure out two things:
1) How to re-gain the tie-downs behind the seats since they are covered with my platform.
2) How to utilize the space underneath the platform.

I now have some answers!

I 100% agree. I like the idea of modular anchor points.
Used this site for inspiration to build my platform:
The Explore4R 4Runner Platform System — Explore4R

I modified mine to use the 4 existing tiedown points/metric bolts. If you zoom in on my picture you can see where I countersunk the platform and used large washers under the bolts.
It was a bit of an engineering problem to get all the bolt holes in the correct position, and to cut the platform so it would fit in the back by angleing it in diagonally.
I used 3/4 inch Baltic birch plywood for the platform and 1/2” Baltic birch for the pullouts. I used roll on bed liner for the surface coating.
I really like how it turned out and all the L-track tie down points are very handy.

Edit: I did not use ‘existing’ metric bolts. I had to figure out new lengths to account for plywood and space for runners on bottom side.
Regarding the link I referenced, I’m not sure how he tied his platform down.

Last edited by BlakeA; 09-14-2020 at 04:23 PM.
BlakeA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote